GLO 4G LTE plan which is very useful to every 4G enabled devices. However, this data package may seems your normal 3G data package, but Coverage are still getting across the country so chillax, i will also be updating you guys as they cover more areas in Nigeria. What’s interesting is the fact that they added the newly 1k for 3.2GB and 2k for 7.5k data plan to be part of the 4G LTE package and that’s quite amazing.
First of all you might want to ask why all the fuss about Glo 4g?? Please do read on as this post will be very detailed.
1. What is LTE?
LTE stands for “Long Term Evolution”. It is the evolution of standards for wireless network after 3G and is the most advance wireless technology offering Ultra Fast Internet speed.”. It is Glo’s latest offering, providing high speed internet service.
2. What can I do with Glo LTE service?
– Faster Download and Upload data Speeds. (Download a 1GB movie within a few minutes instead of hours or a 3MB music file in a few second instead of minutes).
– Watch a Ultra high definition videos with no buffering
3. What is the difference between 3G and LTE?
GLO LTE is multiple times faster than 3G network. LTE is the fastest wireless data technology available today in the World.
4. How do I get to use Glo LTE service?
– You can become a Glo LTE subscribers with the following three simple steps:
—- Get a LTE SIM from a Gloworld or swap your existing SIM.
—- Get a LTE enabled Smartphone
—- Dial *777# & buy a plan of your choice.
Enjoy this world class experience, once in LTE coverage area.
5. Where is LTE coverage available?
Service live in Lagos: Lekki, Ikoyi, Victoria Isla, Ajah and Akoka, Abuja: Maitama, Wuse, Asokoro, Garki/Central Business District and Airport Road, Port Harcourt: Aba Road, Trans Amadi, Diobu, Old GRA and UNIPORT, Benin, Warri, Eket, Jos, Zaria: ABU, Yola: ABTI. Other major cities coming soon nationwide.
6. Where do I get the LTE SIM?
You can get LTE SIM from any Gloworld, Glozone or Glo dealer outlets closest to you.
7. How can I subscribe to an LTE data plan?
Just dial *777# and select your choice of 4G LTE plans
8. Are the LTE data plans on auto renewal?
Yes they are all on auto renewal
9. How do I check if my current phone is LTE supported?
To check your phone support LTE for Glo, text 4G to 400.
10. Which handsets/devices are supported by GLO LTE service?
|iPhone 7||BlackBerry DTEK 50||Samsung Galaxy S7|
|iPhone 7s||BlackBerry Priv STV100-4||Alcatel One Touch Pop 4S LTE|
|iPad Air 2||HTC One M9 LTE-A||Alcatel One Touch Idol 4S LTE|
|iPad Mini 4||HTC One M9+||Alcatel One Touch Pop 4 Plus|
|iPhone 6||Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L29||Alcatel One Touch Pop 4 LTE|
|iPhone 6 Plus||Microsoft Lumia 950|
|iPhone 6s||Microsoft Lumia 950 TD-LTE|
|iPhone 6s Plus||Microsoft Lumia 950 XL|
|iPhone SE||Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge|
|iPad Pro||Samsung Galaxy S7 Duos|
11. Do I need to configure LTE settings on my smartphone?
Existing settings on your phone/ device will support LTE service
12. How will I know where LTE coverage is?
We are constantly working to improve LTE availability and coverage. More cities will also be launched soon.
13. What free contents are available to LTE plan subscribers?
Glo Music, Video and Movie Portals are available FREE for LTE customers depending on the value of data plan.
Source: Glo World.